Available for Adoption
These animals are available for adoption.
Click on the thumbnail image to view a larger photo and description of the animal.
Great Lakes Zoological Society Adoption Policies and Procedures
The GLZS has a strict policy regarding animal adoption and here are a few guidelines:
- An adoption agreement must be signed with any animal adoption. Click here to view the adoption agreement.
- An adoption fee is required for any animal adoption.
- You must show proof of proper housing, lighting, heat, UV, and supplements appropriate for the animal you are adopting.
- You must demonstrate adequate husbandry knowledge about the animal you are adopting.
- The GLZS reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone without cause, or withdraw an animal from an adoption at any time.
For more information about adopting one of our animals, email our adoptions coordinator at Adoptions@glzszoo.org
Also see our Community animal connections list for animals in the community looking for homes.
Surrender of Reptile Pets
The Great Lakes Zoological Society's World of Discovery offers a reptile and amphibian rescue program. You can make arrangements to surrender your reptile or amphibian to our Conservation Center and we will work to place these animals within appropriate homes, schools, zoos, rescues, or maintain them ourselves.
A tax deductible surrender donation of $50.00 is required to surrender any animal to the World of Discover. In order to protect the health of all of the animals at the center, all new animals coming into the facility have to be tested for parasites. We have to pass this cost onto the surrenderer in order to keep the center open. Click here to view the surrender agreement.
Because we only take in new reptiles and amphibians when space is available, and we are currently at capacity, there is a waiting list to surrender animals.
Sorry, due to space restrictions, we cannot take in alligators of any size. We may not be able to take in some species of boas due to the risk of Inclusion Body Disease (IBD) pathogens.
For information contact our adoption coordinator: Adoptions@glzszoo.org